Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Inspiration The Final Frontier

Creating a goal is the easy part, finding the inspiration to reach your goals is the challenge.

Those of you lucky enough to see and hear Gary Keller’s talk about his new book “The Shift” will understand the dose of inspiration that was delivered at the event. I like many others found him to be fun lov’in and intelligent, full of great stories that illustrated the need for a plan, an inspired plan.

The problem is today is a new day with new problems and new distractions and in the afterglow of such an inspired day I am left with my old life. The uninspired me may have resigned myself to the standards of my past, but today I know that I don’t have to face this issue alone. That I can turn to the people around me, the community I work in, and look to them for inspiration, to find inspiration through both my contribution to them as well as theirs to me. Don’t get me wrong Gary is a great man, but it is all of you who bring me the greatest inspiration by allowing me into your lives and business on a daily basis.

My “BIG WHY” is that I love to contribute to the successes of others; it is not as selfless as it sounds though. I use my community to fuel me up with inspiration and to keep me moving forward towards my goals. It is my “BIG WHY” the drives me and inspires me to reach my goals, it is what fulfills me but is not my goal. The monetary gain the beautiful trip or the new car for example are the goals, but they offer no or momentary fulfillment. You all need to be in touch with our “BIG WHY” it is your inspiration. Keep it in front of you at all time, have it be the carrot to which you strive. Also use the community around you to find inspiration. Tap into the people around you; go beneath the surface to find the opportunity, the opportunity to share inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment